Let’s make 2018 your best year yet!
You’ve been pretty growth oriented up until now. All through childhood and your twenties, you learned A LOT, you grew mentally, emotionally and physically. You took risks, tried new things, created, accomplished and focused on creating an exciting future.
Now your life is very full. Raising kids is exciting, stimulating and constantly changing.
It’s common for overwhelmed parents to slow down their own growth and enjoy living through their kids. As kids grow into teens, and then out of the house, many parents can find themselves with low-grade dissatisfaction.
Some Moms and Dads feel guilty because they have the life they wanted, but still feel like something is missing. They didn’t realize that their brain is wired to seek comfort and familiarity, and this habit is an obstacle to creating an exciting and inspiring life.
Life coaching, self reflection, planning and deliberate actions will release the guilt, override the brain’s natural habit, and create the life you are meant to have.
Doing a year-in-review can help you reflect on what’s working, what isn’t, and what actions steps to take towards building a new comfort zone that serves your goals.
Let’s take a look back to see what 2017 has to teach you.
Grab a journal and write down your answers to the following questions:
1. What did you create in 2017? Either by default or on purpose, what were the results of your actions or non-actions when in comes to your health, career, family, community, spiritual life, home, financial, etc.
2. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
3. What thoughts did you think in order to make these successes possible?
4. What areas of your life are running smoothly and easily?
5. What hard times did you have to go through in order to enjoy these areas of your life?
6. What areas of your life aren’t working for you and need to change?
7. Have you tried to accomplish this goal in the past but didn’t get the result you wanted?
8. What is different this year, that you are ready to commit to?
9. How have you grown or evolved as a person in the last year?
10. Who has helped you and supported you the most in this last year?
11. Which relationships would you like to strengthen and build this year?
12. What is the biggest, most amazing dream you can imagine for yourself in 2018? When you think about this dream, what emotions can you feel? What is one small baby step you can take towards that goal and feeling those positive emotions.
You don’t have to have an exhilarating, exciting life. Nor do you need to have a perfectly balanced and beautiful life. You just need to have a life that is 100% authentically YOU.
In order to squeeze ourselves into a life that isn’t quite right for us, we do things like over-eat, over-drink, over-work, over-exercise, binge watch netflix, worry, complain, ruminate, etc. We have to come up with elaborate ways to avoid ourselves.
If you want to change a habit, get to the root cause, and build positive momentum towards being more authentically, joyfully yourself, schedule a free life coaching session today.Schedule your free coaching call